Steps to Apply for a Green Card

The United States was built by immigrants, and immigrants can become permanent residents (green card holders). A green card allows you to live and work in the U.S. A permanent resident is someone who has been granted authorization to live and work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Applying for a green card is a legal process and as such, the green card paperwork is legal documentation and it must be filled out properly.
To apply for a green card, you have a few ways you can use:
1. Get a green card through your employer
2. Be sponsored by a family member who lives in the U.S.
3. Win the green card lottery
4. Earn the green card through asylum or refugee status
Employment-based green card categories are EB1, EB2, EB3, EB4 and EB5 but most workers fall in the first three categories. The process to apply for a green card can be time-consuming and there are a number of rules you must follow while your application is being reviewed. Any mistakes in your green card paperwork that are found by the authorities could mean further delays in receiving your green card or deportation if the information you provide is damaging.
Once you receive your green card, your passport will be updated with a stamp that identifies you as holding a green card.
The Steps to Apply for a Green Card
To apply for a green card, you must complete the following steps:
1.Gather all necessary documents according to the green card paperwork checklist.
2.Obtain, complete, and file the petition for immigration.
3.Get a green card stamp in your passport.
It is essential to have your green card paperwork prepared well to ensure that all the required information is included with your documents. If you lose your job, or move, or sponsoring family members leave the country, you will lose your spot in the process and may lose your chance of obtaining a green card.
At Divorce N' More, we have prepared thousands of green card applications and we can help you with your green card paperwork that might give you a better chance at success.
Divorce N' More Legal Document Preparation Services offer Green card/Permanent Resident services. Visit our store in Santa Ana, CA, or call 714-209-8500 to make an appointment!
We look forward to doing business with you!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *